What I Do, Fun-wise: The internet is my playground. (Thank you, Al Gore.) I spend a lot of time on it, blogging, reading news/gossip sites, chatting with people, what-have-you. I also make a lot of unnecessary trips to Target. Not sure if that counts as fun, but it seems to take up a lot of my time... And I foster dogs for a rescue organization (RED Collar Rescue).
My Motto: "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Suess, 'The Lorax'
My Anti-Motto: It is what it is.
The First Star I Ever Had A Crush On: Michael Jackson or Boy George. Not sure which came first.
My "celebs to make out with" list: Keanu Reeves, Kal Penn, James McAvoy, Gale Harold, Jacoby Shaddix (sorry to Jacoby's wife!)
The Last Song Played On My iTunes: "Devil" by Say Hi
Weekends and other shifts that the rest of the staff have deemed "undesirable."
Gawker - Today's gossip is tomorrow's news.
DListed - Celeb gossip by the wicked Michael K.
Passive Aggressive Notes - Self explanatory
Jezebel - Celebrity, sex, fashion for women. Without airbrushing.
XOJane - Remember Sassy magazine? This is the brainchild of the editor.
Dictionary.com - Because there, their, and they're are really, really tricky. Apparently.
1. The internet. Thanks, Al Gore!
2. The dogs in my life. My Pomeranian, Sebastian, and my pit mix, Luke. And I'm SO thankful that I had 12 years with my baby Boxer, Gretchen.
3. The cop who pulled me over after the Paul McCartney show and only gave me a warning for speeding. I was going so fast that his first question was whether or not there was some sort of emergency. Oops?
4. Misandry* and Feminist Ryan Gosling.
5. The election is OVER and we don't have to deal with that mess again for another four (er... three?) years. I can unhide people on Facebook and start having conversations with my family again that won't end with electronics being thrown across the room.
I'm also thankful that the world isn't going to end on Dec. 21, but since that was never actually going to happen, it doesn't really deserve to make the list... does it?
And PS... thank YOU. It's been a fantastic (nearly) 7 years with The Buzz. My job is a dream come true, and none of it would be possible without you. So, thanks.
*Misandry is about as real as Santa.